Did you know Delta 8 THC and THC-O share a lot in common at the surface? For instances:
- Both are psychoactive minor cannabinoids.
- Both are derived from the hemp plant.
- Each are federally legal.
However, these two compounds are extremely different in many ways that matter to users, and that’s why it’s important to have a good idea of what each one is capable of before choosing which one to buy in vape cart form.
Vape carts (cartridges) are the most popular way to experience hemp-derived psychoactive cannabinoids, delta 8 and THC-O included. They offer fast-acting and potent effects that wear off pretty quickly so that the user can go back to their ordinary daily routine.
What is Delta 8 THC?
Since delta 8 THC is extracted and concentrated, we can experience its effects more potently. It’s a mild psychoactive compound, meaning that it will get you high. It gets you about 70% as high as delta 9 THC, the dominant compound in marijuana. Many people find that delta 8 offers relaxation, relief from anxiety, better sleep, and less pain.
Delta 8 Vape Carts
Delta 8 THC vape carts almost always contain simply pure delta 8 extract and extracted terpenes from the hemp plant. The terpenes come in different terpene profiles, or strains, so that you can pick the strain of the vape cart according to the specific effects you’re looking for.
- Beginner-friendly: Delta 8 is the perfect starting point for someone knew to psychoactive properties that come from cannabis. It’s mild enough that you can easily prevent yourself from getting “more high” than you had wanted to.
- Doesn’t require as much commitment: Because delta 8 is milder, you can likely continue to do a lot of tasks you would regularly do, and it wears off in 1 to 2 hours.
- Easier to customize your experience: Because delta 8 is the milder cannabinoid, it’s easier to really control how high you get by the number of puffs you take. Most people take 1 to 4 puffs depending on how strong they want to feel the delta 8.
- Many known properties: Delta 8 has been researched by scientists for years, so we know a lot about its properties including its ability to reduce pain, stress, nausea, insomnia and even seizures
- Relaxing: Most people who use delta 8 say that it makes them feel very relaxed and mellow
- Might be too relaxing: If you vape too much delta 8, you may end up feeling groggy in a way that makes you want to take a nap
- Not as psychoactive: Delta 8 is not as psychoactive as THC-O, and some people may want something stronger
What is THC-O?
THC-O is newer to the scene, and it does not occur naturally in hemp. Instead, it’s synthesized, and derived from THCA, the predecessor cannabinoid to tetrahydrocannabinol which is simply THC in its raw state. THC-O is synthesized in a way that makes it at least 3 times as potent as delta 9 THC, which means, in short, that it can get you very high. Many people say that THC-O feels psychedelic, especially at high doses.
THC-O Vape Carts
THC-O vape carts are exactly like delta 8 vape carts, except for one major difference: instead of delta 8 extract acting as the major active ingredient, it’s THC-O extract. Everything else is the same, including the use of terpenes and the different strain options that are available.
- Extremely psychoactive: If you’re looking for a very strong psychoactive experience, THC-O is for you. Because it’s even stronger than marijuana, it can give you a powerful high.
- May offer psychedelic effects: The potential psychedelic effects of THC-O make it unique from all other hemp products. You may experience changes in your consciousness and sensory experience.
- More bang for your buck: Because of how strong it is, a little goes a long way with THC-O. Just one hit can give you the high you’re looking for.
- May be both relaxing and uplifting: THC-O may be both relaxing to the mind and body and uplifting to the mood, making it great for balancing mood overall.
- May get you too high: Because of how potent it is, it’s easy to get too high off of THC-O, especially if you’re new to its effects. This could lead to feelings of paranoia and anxiety. This is why THC-O is not recommended for overall THC beginners, who don’t yet have a tolerance to its effects.
- Harder to control: Because it’s so much more potent than delta 8, THC-O’s high is harder to control. Each puff delivers a good amount of psychoactive activity to the body, so you might not be able to stop yourself from getting too high, even if you thought you only took a small amount.
- Not as much understanding of its properties: THC-O has actually been around since the 1960s, but it’s largely been disregarded by researchers because it was invented to be a tool for the United States military. That means that while we know a lot about the properties of delta 8, such as effects on nausea, pain and so on, we don’t really know much about the properties of THC-O besides how it can get you very high.
Which Vape Cart Will You Choose?
Now that you have an understanding of the differences between delta 8 and THC-O, you can probably figure out which cannabinoid is most suitable for you. Ultimately, it comes down to your tolerance to THC’s intoxicating effects in general. If you’re totally new to psychoactive cannabinoids, then delta 8 is a great starting point. If you’re an experienced user who embraces some powerful effects, THC-O is a good option.
Whichever you do end up choosing, you can find the cartridge of your choice here at Rogue Apothecary, in an awesome variety of strains and an additive-free, lab-tested formula.